- The Club shall be called ‘The Stumperlowe Probus Club (Sheffield)’
- The Club shall meet every Monday with the exception of Bank–Holidays at 10.00 am for 10.30 am. Should it not be possible to hold a normal, face to face meeting, the committee may decide that a virtual online meeting be held instead if necessary.
- To comply with fire regulations, members and guests will sign in .
- Membership of the club is open to retired and semi-retired professional and business men, residing in Sheffield and its neighbourhood.
- Applications for membership should be made to the Secretary and are subject to the approval of the Committee, whose decision is final.
- As required, the committee will put a cap on membership numbers and start a waiting list.
- A prospective member may attend meetings as a guest not more than three times, before applying for membership.
- Members who break the rules or act against the spirit of the club will be reported to the committee and disciplinary action may be taken against them.
- A member may bring a guest (s), including ladies, not more than 3 times to ordinary meetings.
- Members of other Probus Clubs are welcome as guests
CLUB YEAR AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The Club Financial Year shall end on March 31st.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held during May. The Committee shall give three working weeks notice of the meeting. Agenda items from members should be submitted within seven days of the convening notice.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time by the Secretary at the request in writing of at least ten members of the At least twenty-one days notice of such a meeting shall be given to members.
- The governing body of the Club shall be the committee consisting of the Officers-and committee members, all elected at the A.G.M.
- The Officers of the Club shall be –
- Chairman Term of office normally 2 years.
- Vice-Chairman Term of office normally 2 years and elected Chairman the ensuing year.
- Past Chairman Term of office normally 2 years.
- Secretary To be re-elected annually.
- Treasurer To be re- elected annually.
- Two Speaker Finders Term of office normally 3 years.
- Webmaster To be re-elected annually.
- Up to 2 members shall be elected to serve on the committee, normally for a period of three years and be re – elected annually.
- The Committee has the power to co-opt members onto the committee to fill any vacancies during the year. Such members should stand for re-election, if eligible, at the following A.G.M.
- Five members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum.
- The Chairman at any meeting shall have the casting vote.
- Annual subscriptions shall be reviewed at each A.G.M. and set for the ensuing year.
- The committee will decide on any subsidies or contributions to club events eg. trips, lunches. Such subsidies should be advised and controlled by the Treasurer
- The Annual Subscription is payable immediately following the A.G.M. Those who have not paid after 4 weeks, will be contacted by the Chairman or Treasurer to determine if they will be re-joining. The treasurer will use his discretion regarding membership.
- A member joining the Club during the year will pay pro rata depending on the months left in the subscription’s year. The treasurer will decide.
- Cheques on the Club’s Banking Account must be signed by the Treasurer and by one of the following – Chairman, Secretary or Vice-Chairman.
- If the Club is disbanded, any balance which remains in the Club’s assets after paying all debts, shall be donated to such charitable cause(s) as the committee shall select.
- An Auditor who shall not be a member of the Committee, shall be appointed at each Annual General Meeting of the Club.
- The club will have a website which will be designed and updated by Webmaster. All contributions and comments regarding the website will be directed to the Webmaster. The committee will work with the Webmaster to ensure the website reflects the views of the club.
- To ensure continuity, the Webmaster will give the Secretary the relevant information for accessing the website should the Webmaster not be available.
AMENDMENT TO RULES
- Amendments to these rules may only be made at a General Meeting, after due notice of such amendments has been given for a period of three working weeks prior to the meeting.
These rules and constitution were agreed at the 2015 AGM. Modified at 2021 AGM ref virtual meetings.